Thursday, September 30, 2010

New Orleans Jazz - News and Views - Jim Robinson

Nathan "Jim" Robinson - born December 25, 1892 Deer Range in Louisiana: May 4, 1976 died in New Orleans. to receive only a small piece of the history of this show on the road!

Jim has studied guitar as a child, but took the trombone in the Army during World War II. Returning to New Orleans in 1919 and was good enough for Sam Morgan's band in which to participate in a support for a dozen years. He studied and worked with Henry in Sunny Lee Collins Band in gold leaf.

E 'remained active duringdepression, especially with Avery "Kid" Howard and was set with George Lewis Band .. Jim recorded with the Sam Morgan Band in 1920, the legendary images that have been reprinted several times. Rena Kid was on the Decca sessions and, of course, on most of Bill Russell, Bunk Johnson recordings. created one of the greatest jazz band recordings occurred at this time, a missing Castle, Jim Robinson and George Lewis with Baby Dodds, Slow Drag and Lawrence Marrero greatHymn of collective improvisation of New Orleans jazz. E 'in your day to listen to American Music AMCD The fourth song is called "San Jacinto Stomp" - is my desert island disc - but more about that later. Now listen to "Ice Cream" with Jim, give you all again, there are no solos, just jazz. It is based on AMCD 2 and by the way I feel too well, Baby Dodds on drums.

Jim tours and recorded countless times with George Lewis and Kid Howard, and made some wonderful recordings under his ownName on the label, Riverside .. This is a small part of the busy life full of music by Jim Robinson. I'm not looking for a biography is my main goal, to "Big Jim" to listen to you! fierce criticism in the fields of modern jazz mainstream and the apparent simplicity of his style, "the farm of Jim Robinson trombone," said one critic carped in Jazz Journal.

After my life studying, playing, living and loving the jazz of New Orleans, I can tell you moreTrombonists have tried and frustrated attempts to emulate, in which Jim Robinson style. I'm not talking about Jim copy note for note. No one wants to copy George Lewis, Jim Robinson, Bunk Johnson and Kid Howard. What we look, the style, the purpose of the instrument in a jazz band playing in the New Orleans ensemble, the musicians actually created a style top - yes - listen to an original creation for us to enjoy and emulate.

I can tell you thatThrill of playing and listening to a band in this style is for me, "The Meaning of Life Research for the wall of sound rhythm of orgasm, which is not organized and spontaneous improvisation ensemble is Nirvana.

I take my desert island disc would AMCD American Music 2 "If you and I were young Maggie"

But I will send a warning message - this music is addictive - be careful! Wait a minute I had to have another "must-have! In 1963, Tom Bethel added Kid Howard at San Jacinto Hall in New Orleanswith Kid Howard, Jim Robinson, George Lewis, George Guesnon, Slow Drag & Cie Frazier. E 'GHB 23 - I have one with me! Beware - here comes another Jim Robinson stars here on "Moonlight and Roses by GHB

No comments:

Post a Comment