Thursday, September 16, 2010

New Orleans restaurants serve Fantastic hospitality and Cajun Gumbo

If you like to travel and love good food should be considered a dining weekend in New Orleans. My wife Jan and I attended a recent expedition there and we enjoyed everything about our visit to the city's most famous Louisiana.

The food is king in New Orleans gumbo and is at the top of most of the guest menu selections when in the Big Easy. Since my site dedicated to gumbo recipes and everything that relates to this court, it is fair that I tell my visitors where they canGet the best example to visit Louisiana. While there, Jan and I planned to eat the famous Cajun dish from so many restaurants, weather permitting. We only had the weekend and the limited number of meals we enjoyed. But I must admit, we were able to sample some dishes on our visit, and I devoured them all with great enthusiasm.

The real reason for this trip was to attend the annual Gumbo Festival in Bridge City, Louisiana.This small town is just across the mighty Mississippi River from New Orleans. The festival is held every year at Our Lady of Prompt Relief Church. During this event during a cooking competition and cooks in bold give, in the hope that their gumbo is judged a winner. The big attraction is the different varieties of this soup, Cajun, which can be purchased at the festival. large vessels are cooked and outdoor festival-goers can sample as much aslike.

By heavy rain on Friday evening, events for the festival on Saturday was canceled because the festival grounds were wet and muddy. E 'was disappointing to hear this unfortunate news, but we were not deter our mission, and the main reason for the trip. We reasoned as this event has been canceled, it would aim to have more time to walk the French Quarter and Central Business District in search of our series. Find hot steaming bowlsGumbo of dark, rich and tasty it was our goal, so let Bridge City left in our treasury.

Earlier this week, made reservations for dinner in January at La Petite grocery, a restaurant in the Garden District. At the time of booking, called her gumbo and was told that it would not always on the menu, but since he has asked for the cook in a pot and are ready for us. By the way, do not let the name of the restaurant guides that hesitation you. It 'was a former grocery store, butwas converted into a very nice restaurant.

The selection that night was seafood and, of course, I had a bowl. E 'was well done and very tasty. As a fan of gumbo with decades of experience in sampling my favorite, the critics are a bad cook. Before my first impression that I considered the color and texture closely examined and used components of this famous soup Louisiana. I knew before the first taste spoon, which is a large bowl. The color was perfect. L 'layer thickness was shown at the right place and clear that this chef knows his brew Bayou. The percentage of liquid ingredients with seafood was only accurate to the level expected of a traditional south Louisiana gumbo. It had shrimp, oysters and crabs along with some amount of andouille and okra was absolutely perfect.

The level of spice, true and authentic. And to clarify the question now, the traditional Cajun food is not hot and spicy. I grew up in the swamps of Louisianaand we never got hot, but a few drops of Tabasco. Hot and spicy, a trend made popular by celebrity chefs is. But I digress. My example was not fat and the ratio of liquid to rice was exactly as I had hoped. This shows the chef takes the extra step for removing the oil floating on top, and makes sure that the right way, the most and less rice gumbo.

This example of the most popular food in New Orleans was delicious and Ienthusiastically recommend it to anyone who wants to experience a true Cajun dish at its best. It really sets a standard for seafood gumbo, and I am sure that only a limited few can a better example of what the fans like me to make a nearly perfect judge. I would rate this portion of soup Bayou 4.5 out of 5 stars.

There are other fantastic choice of menu and I love you all. Jan had grilled fish which was wonderful and I had a pig who was delicious aperitif. They are fully capableI recommend this quaint restaurant every meal in New Orleans. The wait staff did a great job and the wine selection is very good. But above all, the gumbo was perfect and it was my favorite dish of the evening. Call for reservations in advance and ask if Gumbo is located in the menu for the evening. You can make reservations or get directions by going to their website.

The second day we found the streets soon. It 's funny to watch people, places and get some exercise too. Afavorite restaurant to have very traditional Cajun food is Mulat. It is located near the convention center and a restaurant popular with tourists. Here you can fish fry, which is well prepared and eetoufee shrimps and lobsters. Louisiana style known as sub PO BOY is a good choice and would, of course, you need to get the gumbo.

Our journey there is close to half a day so naturally we had to try a sample of Mulat my obsession. Jan and I took the bar, and saddleda place that gave me a clear view on a TV. He had to know in touch with football results hold. I ordered a cup of their Zydeco Gumbo and Abita beer to wash down. When the waiter delivered my order I knew this would be good. Creole soup served in my cup was just a dark color was rich and had the right amount of fish and seafood. I found a small amount of file 'and my taste buds told me that the effect was just right. The file is' a Cajun spice from ground sassafras leaves and isGumbo often served to thicken when used.

The rice was just right and the proportion of cooked rice was right to liquids. Many chefs and some restaurants make the mistake of too much rice in the bowl. Gumbo is a soup and the correct ratio is about one third to two thirds of liquid rice. Like sometimes served without rice and included it in a natural state with nothing. Mulat gumbo is very good and I would recommend it to anyone. I would be 4 out of 5 stars. If you eatthere in the evening, enjoy some 'live music and Cajun dancing. For more information or visit their website for menu.

That evening we had reservations about Cochon is one of my favorite places to dine in New Orleans. The food here can be a luxury authentic Cajun. I could do an entire e-zine about food here, but that's about Gumbo. And we had gumbo. We ordered wine and, of course, asked about the object of my desire. The selection of the evening wasChicken and andouille, which is my favorite. I was eager to try what I thought would be best from the trip, so I ordered a bowl of our first visit to a waiter at the table.

We were not disappointed. The Gumbo was excellent and everything about it was perfect. It reminded me of the great examples to make my grandmother would have done in southern Louisiana. It was dark and deep and rich. It was not too heavy. It contains the right amount of chicken and andouille, with the right amount of rice.No files. "While enjoying my bowl of happiness Louisiana, I was reminded how incredibly delicious and simple rustic dish like gumbo can. And believe me, I know what makes the place so delicious. It was obvious the Koch begins with a tasty broth, not only water pure. The rich colors to show his patience and skill, the perfect roux. A roux takes time to do and can not be rushed. It requires a high degree of experience, the perfect color for night after night. L 'Chicken was lean and tender and the andouille was apparently based on a precise and a traditional recipe made.

You can use the old adage that he had heard the little things that count. It can be worn phrase, but it certainly applies here because a Lagniappe (a little 'extra), my dining experience at home was yeast rolls served with my gumbo. They tasted just like what my grandmother would make up the swamps of southern Louisiana and is the lastIn addition to an authentic Cajun food. When I dug into the gumbo and ate the bread back memories of my childhood flooding. I felt like I was at the table with my Maw Maw Elma family enjoy a large pot of bread, baking and delicious Gumbo. All the food tasted just like grandma's, and this is the real thing.

The gumbo at Cochon was the best of the trip and I recommend a dish had all the possibilities. Do not pass the bread. Pardon the CochonFor example, my favorite food 5 stars. The best hands down! Reservations are recommended.

We had gumbo, while others are fun and all, but the three dignitaries are mentioned here. You will not be disappointed in any of them. In fact, I suggest you try all of them, while, as each of them different in their own way, and this is consistent with the nature of the kitchen. Variety is the spice of life, and gumbo. And 'the variety of ingredients, cooking methods and spices interestingGumbo most common foods that do in Louisiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment